Last modified: February 11, 2022
- General Information
If you do not agree with the terms, please do not access or use the OUTPOST MTL Websites or Service Offerings.
- Personal Information of our Customer’s Clients and Employees
- OUTPOST MTL collects information in the course of its Service Offerings and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of such customers. When we provide services to our customers, in some instances we process personal information about their clients, employees or representative (“Client Information”) on their behalf. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our Services. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
- Personal Information and Personal Data Collected
- Contact data: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords, online identifiers, location, passwords, device information, billing and transaction information, credit card or other financial information, contact preferences, and similar information.
- Device/IP Data : IP address, device ID, domain server, type of device or operating system used to access the Services.
- Web Analytics: web page interactions, referring webpage/source through which you accessed the Services, non-identifiable request IDs, statistics associated with the interaction between device or browser and the Services.
- Consumer Geographic Data: zip/postal Code detected from IP.
- Professional or Employment-Related Data: job title.
- Geolocation Data: IP-address-based location information and GPS data
- Other Identifying Information: identifying information submitted by you to the Services, or in emails or messages you send us, survey responses, content you upload to the Services.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- OUTPOST MTL or our service providers may use the personal information and other information we collect from you in various ways including in connection with: providing service and support to you; billing you for Service Offerings; verifying your identity; carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and OUTPOST MTL; communicating information about OUTPOST MTL Websites, Service Offerings, and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences, etc.); improving our OUTPOST MTL Websites, Services Offerings, and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences, etc.); contacting you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes; sending you promotional information; complying with Service Offering obligations as well as in any other way we describe when you provide information; combating fraud, crime and as otherwise required or permitted by law; and for any other purpose with your consent.
- To ensure you receive proper notifications or emails, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
- Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Tools
- Sharing Your Information
- Third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are authorized to use your personal information only for the purpose it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, OUTPOST MTL is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
- Sharing Personal information Across Country Borders
We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process;
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- if OUTPOST MTL determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others;
- if OUTPOST MTL determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others; in connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of OUTPOST MTL, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of OUTPOST MTL or any division of OUTPOST MTL;
- to enforce the terms of any agreement with OUTPOST MTL;
- to combat fraud or other criminal activity;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- with your consent.
- In certain cases OUTPOST MTL offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of customer data.
- Marketing Choices, Right to Access Your Personal Information, and Our Retention
- Your decision to provide the personal information that we may request from time to time is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. You can always unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from OUTPOST MTL by following the specific instructions in the email or other communication you receive or by notifying us via the appropriate method(s) described below. It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request, but no longer than 10 business days for email promotions.
- In countries where OUTPOST MTL is required to do so by law, OUTPOST MTL will offer you the opportunity to provide opt-in consent before promotional materials are sent, or promotional calls are made, to you. This will not apply to service communications that are considered part of certain Service Offerings, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the applicable Service Offerings.
- OUTPOST MTL strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies designed to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. Upon request, OUTPOST MTL will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. To request access, correction, or deletion or transfer of your personal information, follow the applicable instructions below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame.
- We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you OUTPOST MTL Websites and Service Offering. Even after we cease using your personal information to provide you Software or Services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
- Security of Your Personal Information
- OUTPOST MTL has implemented administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus protection, network monitoring, and, where appropriate and required by applicable law, Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) or similarly encrypted browsers. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that OUTPOST MTL does not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use the OUTPOST MTL Websites and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an email that looks like it is from OUTPOST MTL asking for your personal information. OUTPOST MTL will never request your personal information through e-mail. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at set forth below.
- If OUTPOST MTL becomes aware that Customer Content was accessed or disclosed in breach of this agreement, OUTPOST MTL will so notify Customer without undue delay, immediately act to contain the breach and to the extent that it does not further compromise security, shall provide available information to Customer regarding the nature and scope of the breach.
- Contact Information
- If you are a resident of the EEA and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the EU Data Protection Authorities. If you are a resident of Switzerland and have this concern, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
This Policy was last updated on February 11, 2022